The 24/7 highly equipped and modernized blood bank at Caritas Hospital offers the best transfusion medicine services to both inpatients and outpatients who are in urgent need of blood or its components. The Blood Bank has a team of experienced experts and the latest technology. It offers the most efficient services to patients throughout the process, starting from screening donors, collecting blood to separating components and scientifically storing them.
- Blood grouping including A1/A2, Bombay group and Du detection
- Cross matching - Saline, albumin and Coomb’s method using Gel card system.
- Direct Antiglobulin Test (DAT/DCT)
- Indirect Antiglobulin Test (IAT/ICT)
- Cold Agglutinin Test and Titer
- Blood collection and component preparation using fully automated, closed, sterile extractor system (T-ACE-II)
- Packed Red Cells (PRC)
- Fresh Frozen Plasma (FFP)
- Platelet Concentrate
- Single donor platelet by apheresis procedure
- Blood preparations are
- 80 - 95% leuco reduced (WBC removed)
- Individually screened for transfusion transmissible infections
- ELISA for HIV 1 & 2, Hepatitis C Virus, Hepatitis B Virus, Syphilis
- Malarial parasite Antigen detection kit
- Screened for unexpected antibodies using IAT
- Adequate and appropriate storage units for blood components
- Blood components units are issued on request from other hospitals, as per availability.