Caritas Hospital has charted its growth from providing medical care for maternity needs and snakebite management to complex treatment procedures, high-precision surgeries and providing evidence-based treatments. Interventional radiology has played a critical role in this journey. The well-equipped radiology department generates highly-precise and accurate diagnosis that facilitate evidence-based therapy for patients. It earned us the name of the best radiology hospital in Kerala.
Our radiology department has a wide range of state-of-the-art imaging equipment, including digital X-ray, fluoroscopy, CT scan and ultrasound. The department also provides 3D/4D/contrast ultrasound and Doppler/colour doppler imaging. The Radiology Department also houses mammography units for highly-precise breast imaging, multi-slice CT and MRI.
All procedures are performed by highly trained medical professionals dedicated to providing quality care. Our radiology department offers same-day service for all your radiological needs. You can get treated at our hospital without waiting for days or weeks for your appointment.
If needed, our radiologists use local anaesthesia during diagnosis & interventional procedures so that you do not feel any pain during the test itself. It means that you will be able to undergo almost any type of test without feeling any discomfort or pain whatsoever.
Treatments and Procedures
Caritas hospital is the only advanced Interventional Radiology Unit in the Central Travancore region. It has state-of-the-art equipment that allows doctors to perform minimally invasive procedures. We offer a wide range of highly specialized, image-guided, minimally invasive neuroradiology, vascular, oncology, hepato-biliary, urology and transplant interventional procedures for therapeutic purposes. We hold the record of being the first radiology hospital in Kerala to conduct Trans-jugular Intra-hepatic Porto-systemic Shunt (TIPS) procedures in patients with liver cirrhosis.
- Aspiration/Percutaneous Catheter Drainage (PCD)
- Percutaneous Trans-hepatic Biliary Drainage (PTBD)
- Trans Arterial Chemoembolization (TACE)
- Embolisation and coiling (bronchial, GI bleed, uterine, traumatic, intracranial)
- Angioplasty/Thrombolysis (GI, peripheral)
- Stenting (biliary, ureteric and vascular interventions)
- Radio Frequency Ablation (RFA) in HCC, RCC, lung and bone tumours
- Varicose vein ablation and Injection Sclerotherapy
- Hepatic Venous Pressure Gradient Estimation (HVPG)
- Trans-jugular Liver Biopsy (TJLB)
- Trans-jugular Intrahepatic Porto-systemic Shunt (TIPS)
- Balloon-Occluded Retrograde Trans-venous Obliteration (BRTO) of Gastric Varices