The Department of General Surgery at the Caritas Hospital offers advanced surgical care and support for patients with acute illness or injury, based on a multi-disciplinary approach. The team here, comprising highly experienced surgeons, is capable of handling even the most complicated cases. They provide evidence-based medical care with unparalleled expertise and state-of-the-art technical support, adhering to global treatment protocols. The Department has modern surgical operation theatres with facilities for major open and minimal access operations. Moreover, the Department is one of the finest centers in the region, offering outpatient, inpatient and 24/7 Emergency Care.
The services offered
- Comprehensive general surgical service with three units for integrated all-round surgical care backed by dedicated anesthesiology and critical care teams.
- Head and neck surgery including thyroid, parotid, neck nodes.
- Surgical option for conventional mastectomy/breast reconstruction/breast conservative surgery/oncoplastic breast surgery/medical and radiation oncology
- OP Services on all weekdays
- 24 hour emergency surgical services
- All major and minor general surgical procedures
- All basic and advanced laparoscopic procedures
- All gastrointestinal surgeries (both open and laparoscopic)
- Head and neck surgeries
- Integrated breast care programmes; clinical examination, FNAC, mammography, breast surgeries, mastectomy, breast conservation and reconstruction
- Management of hemorrhoids; open surgery, stapler haemorrhoidectomy , banding , infra red coagulation
- Comprehensive diabetic foot management
- Varicose vein surgery
- Open and laparoscopic surgery for hernia
- Pilonidal sinus surgery; excision and multiple Z plasty
- Dedicated obesity clinic; dietary advice, exercise training, psychotherapy and cosmetic surgery
- Dedicated bariatric surgical team